Early Intervention with a difference
Allegro Education’s mission is to create and provide dynamic Early Intervention for children using a play-based approach and a musical focus to achieve clients’ NDIS goals and developmental milestones.
What We Do
Early Intervention groups in Canberra to help children develop social skills, gross and fine motor skills, communication, self-help skills and, school readiness.
One on one Early Intervention for children needing a more targeted approach in achieving the NDIS goals. Often using music to engage children in achieving their goals.
In-service visits to collaborate with your children’s teachers and educators to ensure your child is meeting their goals in their educational environment.
Within the disability sector, Allegro Education is known for their passionate advocacy, innovative program delivery, and their generous nature. Allegro Education has created authentic inclusive play spaces where clients and families feel safe and secure. It has been a pleasure to watch this program grow and thrive under the NDIS.Alana Haskew of The Social Connectors
Benefits of play-based Early Intervention
Play-based Intervention is an evidence-based therapeutic approach the utilises children’s interests to help with engagement and participation.
Play-based therapy is used to:
- find interactive ways to engage children in challenging tasks
- authentically create pathways for communication
- create calm, respectful environments where children feel confident in trying new things and making mistakes
- empower children to develop a sense of agency and independence
- promote the development of social skills
- Music for Teaching Children- The WigglesThe Wiggles are an Australian icon. They have covered many Folk Songs and Nursery Rhymes. Their original songs encourage movement and often have instructions within the lyrics for dances. Their collection of CDs, DVDs and children’s television show (available onContinue reading “Music for Teaching Children- The Wiggles”
- Music for Teaching Children- Kiddliewinks MusicThis week I interviewed Heather Monro from Kiddliewinks Music about how she came to write ‘Don’t be Serious’ and ‘Don’t be 2 Serious’. These are two fantastic resources for Early Learning. Make sure you check out their website! Why didContinue reading “Music for Teaching Children- Kiddliewinks Music”
- Music for Teaching Children- Julie Wylie MNZMThere is a huge collection of children’s music available now through channels like iTunes, YouTube and Spotify, however, some children’s music is not actually suitable for children in terms of teaching outcomes, sound quality, and complexity. Over the next fewContinue reading “Music for Teaching Children- Julie Wylie MNZM”