Early Intervention with a difference
Allegro Education’s mission is to create and provide dynamic Early Intervention for children using the Musical Play Therapy approach developed by Julie Wylie OAM and Alex Gosteva of Christchurch New Zealand.
What We Do
Early Intervention groups around Canberra to help children develop social skills using topics and activities that are of interest to them.
One on one Musical Play Therapy for children needing a more targeted approach in achieving the NDIS goals.
In-service visits to collaborate with your children’s teachers and educators to ensure your child is meeting their goals in their educational environment
Within the disability sector Allegro Education is known for their passionate advocacy, innovative program delivery and their generous nature. Allegro Education have created authentic inclusive play spaces where clients and families feel safe and secure. It has been a pleasure to watch this program grow and thrive under the NDIS.Alana Haskew of The Social Connectors
Benefits of Musical Play as Therapy
There is never been a better time to eat organic. Musical Play Therapy has an evidence-based therapeutic approach strongly based in neuroscience, psychology, physiology, neurobiology and music education.
It is used to
- help calm and regulate stressed systems,
- to match energy and emotional levels,
- to support parent and child in synchronous,
- relationship based musical play and to help participants understand
- and use the elements of music in their own musical play.
It opens up the wonderful world of the imagination and musical communication
- Telstra Business Womens AwardsA huge congratulations to the founding director, Sami Truscott for winning the Telstra Business Women’s Award in the category Émerging Leader. Have a look at her acceptance speech here!
- Music and Self-Regulation“The cerebellum right at the bottom of the brain is the timekeeper of the brain, controlling movement such as foot-tapping, dancing and playing an instrument. It plays an important role in emotional reactions to music. Our lower brain develops earlyContinue reading “Home”
- What’s in a name?Someone asked me today why I chose to name our company Allegro Education. Although I put a lot of thought into this decision, I realised it is not written anywhere. Allegro is a musical term that instructs the musician to playContinue reading “Home”