Early Intervention with a difference
Allegro Education’s mission is to create and provide dynamic Early Intervention for children using the Musical Play Therapy approach developed by Julie Wylie OAM and Alex Gosteva of Christchurch New Zealand.
What We Do
Early Intervention groups around Canberra to help children develop social skills using topics and activities that are of interest to them.
One on one Musical Play Therapy for children needing a more targeted approach in achieving the NDIS goals.
In-service visits to collaborate with your children’s teachers and educators to ensure your child is meeting their goals in their educational environment
Within the disability sector Allegro Education is known for their passionate advocacy, innovative program delivery and their generous nature. Allegro Education have created authentic inclusive play spaces where clients and families feel safe and secure. It has been a pleasure to watch this program grow and thrive under the NDIS.Alana Haskew of The Social Connectors
Benefits of Musical Play as Therapy
There is never been a better time to eat organic. Musical Play Therapy has an evidence-based therapeutic approach strongly based in neuroscience, psychology, physiology, neurobiology and music education.
It is used to
- help calm and regulate stressed systems,
- to match energy and emotional levels,
- to support parent and child in synchronous,
- relationship based musical play and to help participants understand
- and use the elements of music in their own musical play.
It opens up the wonderful world of the imagination and musical communication
- Using Disney songs in the classroomWhen Disney’s Frozen was released in theatres, children in my music classes were excited to sing Let it go during music time. For whatever reason, the children really connected with this song and it became a favourite overnight. Every week,Continue reading “Using Disney songs in the classroom”
- It starts with ‘Hello’‘Hello, hello hello. It’s music time today!Hello, hello, hello, who is here today?’ When children first arrive in your room, do you sing hello? Singing a hello song is a great way to start any music session. Not only isContinue reading “It starts with ‘Hello’”
- Recorder MemesLearning the recorder is something all school kids do, but why?